Welcome to the 2013-14 Bowl Dominator! Check out our predicted scores for every bowl game here and confidence predictions below. These games are ranked from our most confident to least confident.
35) Notre Dame – They should overmatch the Scarlet Knights in New York with a defensive line like nothing Rutgers has seen.
34) Arizona State – Texas Tech’s defense is in trouble. Taylor Kelley’s mobility will pose a big problem. The Sun Devils should generate a consistent pass rush that disrupts Tech’s offense.
33) East Carolina – Ohio doesn’t have the defense to keep up with East Carolina. The bookmaker’s may have this game close but we don’t.
32) Louisville – Miami has been far too inconsistent this season so taking them to show up and beat a talented Cardinals team is a long stretch.
31) Ohio State – The Buckeyes were hoping for the BCS Championship game. Urban Meyer won’t let his team lose two straight. Braxton Miller shreds the Clemson defense for a huge game.
30) Minnesota – Minnesota has been a good story this season. Coach Jerry Kill has missed a lot of game but the Golden Gophers have kept it together and make a bowl. They finish the year with a strong performance.
29) Baylor – UCF is getting no respect heading into the Fiesta Bowl so they could keep this close and that’s all that keeps Baylor from being our most confident pick. UCF stays with the Bears for a quarter or so and then Baylor’s speed starts blowing past them.
28) UCLA – UCLA is simply the superior talented team. Virginia Tech is going to have a hard time with Brett Hundley.
27) Texas A&M – Will this be Johnny Football’s final game as an Aggie? Many see that as the case. He should send a statement to the NFL if he’s ready to leave and put up huge numbers against an overmatched Duke defense.
26) Bowling Green – I’d rather have seen BG in the BCS than UCF. This is a very solid team. Their defense should stifle Pitt.
25) North Texas –
24) Alabama – Is ‘Bama motivated? I think they will be and Oklahoma is going to have trouble defending the passing attack of
23) Buffalo – The Bulls put together a good year and I think cap it off with a win over the Aztecs. Their rushing attack will be too much.
22) Mississippi State – I feel Rice will stay in this one for awhile but Mississippi State should wear them down.
21) Oregon State – Mike Riley has been great in bowl games.
20) LSU – Even without Zach Mettenberger at QB, the Tigers have more talent than the Hawkeyes. LSU has to be out to show they can play 4 quarters in a bowl game after their collapse last year to Clemson.
19) Georgia – It’s a shame Aaron Murray is injured to end his career for Georgia. They have a rematch of a great bowl game last year against Nebraska. I think they’ll use their running game to pull this one out.
18) Arizona – I think BC has trouble with Rich Rod’s spread. If BC falls behind early, it could get ugly.
17) Navy – Navy has a great rushing attack and Middle Tennessee will have trouble shutting it down.
16) Vanderbilt – Vandy is starting to get used to postseason play. I think Houston is in trouble in this game.
15) North Carolina – Cincinnati has been up and down in Tommy Tuberville’s first season. I think they’re going to have some trouble defending the Tar Heels’ offense. Look for the Heels to win one for the ACC.
14) Washington State – The bowl season kicks off with the Cougars and Rams of Colorado State in the New Mexico Bowl. This should be a back and forth game with both team putting some points up. I’ll take Mike Leach to get his team in position to win in the 4th quarter.
13) Ole Miss – It’s always tough to evaluate how teams facing the option will react once they see it live. I think Ole Miss has the time to prepare and I think more importantly have the offensive firepower to get a lead and make Tech play from behind.
12) Stanford – Can’t wait for the Rose Bowl. Stanford against Michigan State should see points at a premium. The Cardinals I think have more playmakers and will find a way to pull out a tough one on New Year’s Day.
11) Florida State – It’s up to the Seminoles to wrestle away the title from the SEC. Auburn will pull out all the stops to get the W but the Noles have the players to handle the Tigers. The ‘ Noles should be able to move the ball but will they be ready for the rushing attack of Auburn?
10) Marshall – The Thundering Herd come charging in to this game with a great offense. Can Maryland handle the onslaught?
9) South Carolina – This game is worthy of the BCS. The Gamecocks battle the Badgers of Wisconsin. This should be one of the more physical games of the bowl season. We’ll take the Ol Ball Coach to find a way to win.
8) USC – USC is talented but the coaching situation has been a circus. Are the players focused on this bowl with how the season ended?
7) Washington – The Huskies are going through a coaching transition. Will that distract them? BYU will come ready to play so it’s up to the Huskies to respond.
6) Ball State – They had a strong season that was under the radar in the MAC. Arkansas State lost their coach again after one season. I think Ball State finds a way to win this one.
5) Missouri – How do the Cowboys respond to the disappointment of losing their season finale to rival Oklahoma and losing the Big XII Championship in the process.
4) Michigan – Michigan has superior talent but K-State will be well prepared with Bill Snyder at the helm. We’ll take the Wolverine but it should be close.
3) Oregon – Oregon is more talented but motivation is why we rank this one so low. The Longhorns could be very motivated to send Mack Brown out with a win while Oregon is used to going to a BCS game might not be too excited to be in the Alamo Bowl.
2) Utah State – This is a toss-up game. We’ve got the Aggies by a field goal but it could go either way.
1) LA-Lafayette – This should be a great match-up. I think it could be one of the best bowl games of the season. It’s just one that’s very close and being a de facto home game for Tulane makes it our lowest confidence.