2018 AAC Preview
The AAC holds the reigning national champs in UCF if you ask some. With two divisions, UCF looks to continue to be the class of the East, while the West division is more competitive as you’ll see below in our 2018 AAC Preview. It could set up a conference title game that’ll get national attention as the winner could head to a New Year’s Day bowl game once again.
- Five AAC teams are in the top half of our preseason college football power rankings
- Seven teams will go to a bowl game in our 2018 AAC Preview
- Four teams rank over 100 in our power rankings
- Can AAC teams sneak up on Power 5 teams?
What to Watch in 2018
- How does UCF do without Scott Frost? Former UCF Head Coach is now back home at Nebraska. How does UCF handle the transition to Josh Heupel, who comes over from Missouri. With key starters back, UCF is the favorite to repeat and be in contention for another New Year’s Day bowl game.
- Who can take down UCF? After an unbeaten season, UCF has the target squarely on them. Memphis hosts them in the most difficult game for UCF. They face North Carolina, Florida Atlantic and Pitt. One could knock them off but UCF should be favored in all three of those games. The season finale at USF could be as big as it was last year…and it was thrilling. The hype will build week to week with UCF.
- Can the AAC knock off a Power 5 team? Tulane hosts Wake Forest in the opener. Houston hosts Arizona. South Florida hosts Georgia Tech. Houston travels to Texas Tech. UCF hosts Pitt. Memphis goes to Missouri. Navy plays Notre Dame in San Diego. The conference needs to make a statement by poaching a couple wins against lesser Power 5 teams.
- Does a team have to go undefeated for the AAC Champ to make a New Year’s Six Bowl? The test for the conference is trying to get a team to a big time bowl for a second straight season. With only one spot for a non-Power 5 team, do you have to go undefeated to get it or is the conference strong enough, a 1 loss champion would be considered?
- Ed Oliver (Houston) – He’s a first team All-American, future first round pick and one of the best defensive players in the country. Just watch him this fall dominate the line of scrimmage.
Sign up now for our weekly Formulator Football Newsletter!
2018 AAC Predictions
|RANK||AAC EAST||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
|120||East Carolina Pirates||3||9||1||7|
Conference USA West
|RANK||AAC WEST||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
|68||Tulane Green Wave||3||9||2||6|
|101||Tulsa Golden Hurricane||3||9||2||6|
2018 AAC Championship Game
UCF beats Memphis for another AAC Football Championship.