2018 ACC Football Preview
The ACC is once again going to be Clemson and everybody else. The Tigers have a NFL caliber defense line that wrecks havoc on opposing offenses. If the offense stays healthy, this team should finish the regular season unblemished.
Give the ACC credit for challenging themselves out of the conference. They have several games that will be measuring sticks to see how they stack up against the other Power 5 conferences.
- Clemson is the highest rated team at #6 in our preseason power rankings with Virginia being the lowest rated ACC team at #105
- Eight teams go to bowls this season
- ACC is the third strongest conference in our power rankings
- Non-conference schedule provides opportunities for ACC to show it’s strength
What to Watch in 2018
- Can anyone keep Clemson or Miami from the ACC Championship game? These two teams seem to be the cream of the crop with a lot of parity below them. Will there be a team that jumps up and pulls off an upset to keep these two from rematching for the conference title?
- Miami vs. LSU – The Canes open on the big stage. The only game on the Sunday of opening weekend in a neutral site game against a SEC team. The Canes can send a message with a win here. A loss to a middle of the pack SEC team will hurt the ACC. Check out our week 1 college football predictions to see who wins Miami vs. LSU.
- Florida State at Notre Dame – Willie Taggert will have time to round his team into form by this November 10 game. The Irish will have a lot to play for late in the season so can the Noles pull the upset?
- NC State vs. West Virginia – The Wolfpack host one of the Big 12’s best teams. This would be a big win for the conference if they could take down Will Grier and the high powered Mountaineers offense.
- Pitt vs. Penn State – The Pitt Panthers find a way to pull an upset here and there under Pat Narduzzi. Could they knock off the Nittany Lions early?
Sign up now for our weekly Formulator Football Newsletter!
2018 ACC Predictions
|RANK||ACC ATLANTIC||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
|20||Florida State Seminoles||8||4||6||2|
|35||NC State Wolfpack||7||5||4||4|
|33||Boston College Eagles||6||6||3||5|
|67||Wake Forest Demon Deacons||6||6||3||5|
|RANK||ACC COASTAL||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
|38||Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets||7||4||4||4|
|23||Virginia Tech Hokies||8||4||4||4|
|50||Duke Blue Devils||5||7||3||5|
|57||North Carolina Tar Heels||5||7||3||5|
2018 ACC Championship Game
Clemson cruises to another ACC Championship over Miami. Clemson is your 2018 ACC Football Champions.