2018 Conference USA Preview
Our 2018 Conference USA Preview focuses on if anyone can catch Devin Singletary and the rest of the Owls at FAU. Lane Kiffin came in and ran away with the C-USA title in year one with 10 straight wins. The league should be competitive this season. Several good challengers are nipping at the heels of Florida Atlantic.
- 7 teams will go to a bowl game
- 2 teams are ranked in the top 40 of our preseason college football power rankings
- 8 teams rank in the bottom 20 teams of our preseason power rankings
- Opportunities to make a statement against the Power 5 conferences
What to Watch in 2018 in Conference USA
- Florida Atlantic at Oklahoma in week 1 – FAU hung around at Wisconsin last year so this game could be interesting. Access our week 1 college football predictions and see the predicted score for this game.
- Who will get a big win for the conference against the Power 5? Middle Tennessee at Vanderbilt, UTSA at Arizona State, Baylor at UTSA, North Texas at Arkansas, Marshall vs. NC State and Middle Tennessee at Kentucky give C-USA a shot against the big boys. Will a team step up and get a W for the conference?
- Remember when UAB took away the football team a couple of years ago? Well they came back last year at 8-4 and are ready to contend for a spot in the Conference USA Championship Game.
- Lane Kiffin had a great first year at FAU. If he has another 10 win season, Power 5 schools are going to come calling. Would a late season distraction keep this team from winning back-to-back C-USA titles?
Sign up now for our weekly Formulator Football Newsletter!
2018 Conference USA Predictions
Conference USA East
|RANK||C-USA EAST||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
Conference USA West
|RANK||C-USA WEST||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
2018 Conference USA Championship Game
Florida Atlantic over Louisiana Tech. 2 years, 2 Championships at FAU for Lane Kiffin.