2018 MAC Preview
Are you ready for some MACtion? Those late season Tuesday and Wednesday nights have long shown some great games from the MAC. Our 2018 MAC Preview lets you know who to look out for this season and who might be playing meaningful football in November and beyond.
- Ohio and Northern Illinois are the only 2 teams to rank in the top half of our preseason college football power rankings
- 5 teams will go to a bowl game this year
- The MAC hosts the Power 5 five times.
What to Watch in 2018
- The MAC hosts five games against Power 5 teams. Who will get a W for the conference? Syracuse at Western Michigan, Kansas at Central Michigan, Maryland at Bowling Green, Utah at Northern Illinois and Miami (FL) at Toledo are all big opportunities for the conference to grab a headline.
- Northern Illinois has bulked up their non-conference schedule with games at Iowa and Florida State plus hosting Utah. All in September! How will the Huskies handle this start? Will they be battle-tested or demoralized from a losing start to the 2018 season?
- Will Ohio run away with the MAC East? Frank Solich has an experienced team that should be focused after allowing upsets ruin last season. The Bobcats have the talent to win the MAC but will they have the discipline to not overlook opponents? The offense should be phenomenal but if they don’t stay focused, it’ll lead to disappointment.
- Can Toledo reload? The Rockets are the defending champs but have holes to fill. They are well coached but can they just plug new starters in and win enough to repeat?
Sign up now for our weekly Formulator Football Newsletter!
[contact-form-7 id=”23878″ title=”Formulator Football Friday”]
2018 MAC Predictions
|RANK||MAC EAST||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
|80||Miami (OH) RedHawks||6||6||5||3|
|107||Bowling Green Falcons||4||8||3||5|
|129||Kent State Flashes||2||10||0||8|
|RANK||MAC WEST||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
|58||Northern Illinois Huskies||8||4||7||1|
|83||Western Michigan Broncos||7||5||4||4|
|116||Central Michigan Chippewas||5||7||3||5|
|95||Eastern Michigan Eagles||4||8||3||5|
|103||Ball State Cardinals||3||9||2||6|
2018 MAC Championship Game
Ohio over Northern Illinois. The Bobcats are ready to climb back to the top. They’ve long been one of the MAC’s best teams and this year will stay consistent and be the kings of MACtion.