by Matt Fischer
It’s Draft Day! The 2018 NBA Draft happens tonight beginning at 7 PM ET on ESPN live from Barclays Center.
Here is my 2018 NBA Mock Draft for what’ll happen tonight when 30 players are drafted in the first round of the 2018 NBA Draft. This is what I think will transpire tonight, not how I rank the prospects. For that list, check out my 2018 NBA Draft Big Board.
I think there’s going to be at least two big trades tonight. I’m not going to speculate on them here but I’ve got a feeling the NBA will be shaken up from a couple of moves as teams as jockeying for position to challenge the Warriors’ dynasty.
Teams I think could be moving up are the Sixers and Clippers. With multiple picks, each could move up to get a difference maker.
Teams I could see moving down include the Grizzlies, Magic and Nuggets. Each could move down to add more assets. The Grizz and Magic are both in rebuilds. The Nuggets are a borderline playoff team so do they try to move down and accumulate future assets?
Sign Up for NBA predictions by email from SportsFormulator
2018 NBA Mock Draft
- Phoenix Suns – DeAndre Ayton (C – Arizona)
- Sacramento Kings – Marvin Bagley III (PF – Duke)
- Atlanta Hawks – Luke Doncic (PG – Real Madrid)
- Memphis Grizzlies – Jaren Jackson Jr. (C – Michigan State)
- Dallas Mavericks – Mo Bamba (C – Texas)
- Orlando Magic – Trae Young (PG – Oklahoma)
- Chicago Bulls – Michael Porter Jr. (SF – Missouri)
- Cleveland Cavs – Wendell Carter Jr. (PF – Duke)
- New York Knicks – Kevin Knox (SF – Kentucky)
- Philadelphia 76ers – Mikal Bridges (SF – Villanova)
- Charlotte Hornets – Collin Sexton (PG – Alabama)
- Los Angeles Clippers – Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (PG – Kentucky)
- Los Angeles Clippers – Lonnie Walker (SG – Miami)
- Denver Nuggets – Zhaire Smith (SG – Texas Tech)
- Washington Wizards – Miles Bridges (SF – Michigan State)
- Phoenix Suns – Aaron Holiday (PG – UCLA)
- Milwaukee Bucks – Kevin Huerter (SG – Maryland)
- San Antonio Spurs – Khyri Thomas (SG – Creighton)
- Atlanta Hawks – Robert Williams III (C – Texas A&M)
- Minnesota Timberwolves – Troy Brown (SG – Oregon)
- Utah Jazz – Elie Okobo (PG – France)
- Chicago Bulls – Chandler Hutchison (SF – Boise State)
- Indiana Pacers – Keita Bates-Diop (SF – Ohio State)
- Portland Trail Blazers – Donte DiVencenzo (SG – Villanova)
- Los Angeles Lakers – Justin Jackson (SF – Maryland)
- Philadelphia 76ers – Bruce Brown (SG – Miami)
- Boston Celtics – Grayson Allen (SG – Duke)
- Golden State Warriors – Jacob Evans (SF – Cincinnati)
- Brooklyn Nets – DeAnthony Melton (SG – USC)
- Atlanta Hawks – Josh Okogie (SG – Georgia Tech)