2018 Pac-12 Preview
The Pac-12 hasn’t been very involved during the College Football Playoff era. Last year, the Pac-12 wasn’t even considered for a spot. Things could be different this year as the league as Washington looks to be a national title contender. New coaches could provide many story lines this season.
- Washington is #4 in our preseason power rankings to lead the Pac-12 but the lowest ranked team is #93 Oregon State.
- 8 teams will go to bowls
- Cal and Utah seem to be flying under the radar nationally, but they’re going to be a tough game every week.
- The Pac-12 ranks third in our college football power rankings.
What to Watch in 2018
- Washington vs. Auburn – If the Pac-12 is to regain national recognition, the Huskies need to win this game in Atlanta. It gives them a win over a contender for the top conference in college football. Check out our data driven 2018 week 1 college football predictions to see our pick for this game.
- The Chip Kelly era begins at UCLA. Will his system win right away? The Pac-12 is hoping to keep him down this season because you know he’ll get it going eventually. We’ll see how they do in week 2 at Oklahoma.
- What’s going to happen to ASU? Last year they upset a top 10 team but that couldn’t save Todd Graham. So in comes, Herm Edwards…who hasn’t coached in college football for 30 years…or at any level in a decade. This has disaster written all over it.
- Kevin Sumlin and Khalil Tate could be a match made in heaven at Arizona. Tate is going to put up big numbers in Sumlin’s O.
- The Pac-12 is going to be very competitive. Washington is the head of the class but most of the conference is bunched up as six teams rank between 10 and 36 in our power rankings.
Sign up now for our weekly Formulator Football Newsletter!
2018 Pac-12 Predictions
|RANK||PAC-12 NORTH||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
|28||California Golden Bears||8||4||5||4|
|62||Washington State Cougars||6||6||3||6|
|93||Oregon State Beavers||1||11||0||9|
|RANK||PAC-12 SOUTH||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
|70||Arizona State Sun Devils||3||9||2||7|
2018 Pac-12 Championship Game
Washington over USC. The Huskies win propels them to 12-1 and a potential opportunity in the College Football Playoff.