2018 SEC Football Preview
The SEC is the preeminent league in college football. They had both teams that competed in the national title game last year and seem to put a team in the game every season. This year should be no different as the league is very strong at the top with six teams in the top 18 of our 2018 college football power rankings. Check out our 2018 SEC predictions.
- SEC is ranked #1 in our conference power rankings
- Alabama is #1 overall and Vanderbilt is lowest ranked SEC team at #96
- 8 teams go to bowls this season
- The SEC can prove it’s dominance in week 1
What to Watch in 2018
- Washington vs. Auburn in Atlanta – This opener will have a huge impact on the narrative the rest of the season. Washington is our pick to win the Pac-12 and if Auburn takes them down, the SEC proves its dominance and talk of two teams again in the playoff gets louder and louder.
- LSU is going to struggle. They’re inexperienced and again lack firepower on offense. The schedule is gonna be tough. A losing record is a very real possibility.
- South Carolina is gonna be good. The Gamecocks are going to surprise people Week 2 when they host Georgia is a must see game.
- Alabama keeps rolling. The Tide have a great schedule. They should roll to Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game undefeated. Can this senior class close their college career having played in four straight national title games?
- How does Georgia respond? The Bulldogs had a crushing defeat in OT to Bama. Is it motivation or does it linger? Georgia is talented enough to play with anyone.
Sign up now for our weekly Formulator Football Newsletter!
2018 SEC Predictions
|RANK||SEC EAST||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
|18||South Carolina Gamecocks||9||3||6||2|
|RANK||SEC WEST||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
|1||Alabama Crimson Tide||12||0||8||0|
|12||Mississippi State Bulldogs||9||3||5||3|
|26||Texas A&M Aggies||6||6||3||5|
|54||Ole Miss Rebels||5||7||2||6|
2018 SEC Championship Game
Georgia gets revenge from the title game and takes down ‘Bama for the SEC Championship. Georgia is your 2018 SEC Champion.