Several great storylines in the Big 12 this football season:
- Can OU produce a third straight Heisman winner with Alabama QB transfer Jalen Hurts?
- Can Les Miles win at Kansas?
- What happens to the programs Bill Snyder and Dana Holgersen left behind?
- Can someone dethrone the Sooners as Big 12 Champs?
Hurts is a proven winner. He’ll be going with a faster offense in OU than what he led at Alabama. I don’t think he’ll be a Heisman finalist but he’ll keep the Sooners as contenders.
Les Miles won’t win right away as KU coach but this season should be interesting. Miles is always good for a quote and will pull out plenty of trick plays to give his Jayhawks a chance. He’s got to upgrade the talent before he can win consistently.
Kansas State brings in Chris Klieman to take over from Kansas State. Klieman ran a dominant program at North Dakota State. I think if you’re a Wildcat fan you couldn’t have asked for a better hire. This will be a year of transition. A bowl game should be considered a great season.
The Sooners have some serious challengers at the top of the Big 12 this year. You’ll see them below.
Sign up now to get SportsFormulator’s 4 Best Bets for 2019 College Football Games of the Year
Big 12 Overview
- A three way tie atop of the standings will have to be broken to determine the two teams to make the conference championship so run up the score boys
- There’s a powerful Cyclone head for the top of the Big 12
- The Big 12 ranks third just behind the Big Ten among conferences in our preseason college football power rankings
- Six teams will go bowling
2019 Big 12 Power Rankings
These are our data driven preseason college football power rankings for each Big 12 team. See how Big 12 teams stack up nationally in our full 2019 preseason college football power rankings.
2019 Big 12 Predicted Records and Conference Standings
|RANK||BIG XII||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
|25||Iowa State Cyclones||11||1||8||1|
|38||Oklahoma State Cowboys||8||4||5||4|
|34||TCU Horned Frogs||8||4||5||4|
|74||West Virginia Mountaineers||4||8||3||6|
|89||Texas Tech Red Raiders||4||8||2||7|
|77||Kansas State Wildcats||3||9||1||8|
Iowa State over Oklahoma to win the Big 12
See more in our 2019 College Football Preview.