Week 1 saw some big surprises and shook up our data driven week 2 college football power rankings. After analyzing the results we’ve got some major movers in week 2 and it’s time to update our 2023-24 College Football Playoff and Heisman Trophy Predictions.
The major movers in week 2:
- Texas State (up 29)
- Oklahoma (up 23)
- Wyoming (up 20)
- Northern Illinois (up 17)
- UL-Monroe (up 16)
- Baylor (down 29)
- Arkansas State, Army, Boise State (down 19)
- Boston College, Middle Tennessee State, North Texas (down 17)
College Football Playoff Predictions
If the 2023-24 College Football Playoff were this weekend, here’s the line-up:
- #1 Georgia vs. #4 Texas – UGA is just waiting for a challenge. It might be awhile so they’re the team that could cruise into the CFB Playoff while the Longhorns face a potential playoff eliminator at Bama this Saturday.
- #2 Florida State vs. #3 Michigan – After FSU’s crushing defeat of LSU, they become the ACC favorite to make the playoff. Michigan cruised to a win in their opener and seems destined for another playoff appearance.
Heisman Trophy Rankings
- Jordan Travis (QB – Florida State) – huge game on the national stage against LSU. The way he led his team to a gigantic win in the second half Sunday night has him atop the Heisman race right now.
- Travis Hunter (CB/WR – Colorado) – He did everything for the Buffs on Saturday in upsetting TCU. He’s ability to play every snap could have him in New York at the end of the season.
- Shadeur Sanders (QB – Colorado) – Over 500 yards in the opener was incredibly impressive. With Travis Hunter as a teammate though, they’ll split votes and I expect the two-way player to grab more of them.
- Michael Penix (QB – Washington) – Five touchdowns and 450 yards in a dominating performance over Boise State has him on the Heisman radar.
- Caleb Williams (QB – USC) – As the reigning Heisman winner, he’s got a high bar to overcome this season. Even though he’s got 9 touchdowns already, he’s gotta get to the big games USC plays to make his push to repeat as a Heisman winner.
2023 Week 2 College Football Power Rankings
The Top 25 Showdown (Formulator vs. AP vs. Coaches Poll)
|4||USC||Florida St||Ohio St|
|5||Michigan||Ohio St||Florida St|
|7||Tennessee||Penn St||Penn St|
|15||LSU||Kansas St||Kansas St|
|16||Ole Miss||Oregon St||North Carolina|
|17||Ohio St||North Carolina||Oklahoma|
|20||Clemson||Ole Miss||Ole Miss|
|23||Oregon St||Texas A&M||Texas A&M|