by Matt Fischer
Let’s get this started with a Free Pick for Friday Night College Football. Take Utah State +2.5 at BYU! Five more picks below!
NFL Week 5
How about those Jags? Thanks for the Jacksonville Jaguars I survived my first week of the NFL season as they dismantled the Jets. Sorry Jags but I’ve got to turn on you this weekend since you’re coming to Kansas City to collide with my Chiefs. It’s the premier match-up in the NFL this weekend. So far they look like the two top dogs in the AFC. If Jacksonville win this, they’ll own wins over the Patriots and Chiefs and homefield in AFC Playoffs will look like it’s heading through Jacksonville this season.
What a comeback on Monday Night from the Chiefs! Patrick Mahomes was awesome leading them down in the fourth to capture the win and give those Denver Donkies another L! Did you catch that left handed pass Mahomes made for the first down? I can’t watch it enough!
Let’s get to the free NFL picks for week 5:
1) Bills +5.5 against Titans – I like the situation for the Bills. Tennessee is coming off a road win in Jacksonville and beat the Eagles last week. Now they’re on the road against the lowly Bills. I’ll take the points in Buffalo.
2) Eagles -3 against Vikings – The Vikes have to want revenge in the worst way after the debacle in the NFC Championship. I think this Eagles team has been waiting for a game like this to get them locked in and I think they come out and play their best game of the season on Sunday.
College Football Week 6
Growing up a fan of the U, the Miami vs. Florida State game was must see as it usually saw the winner going to the national championship game. Things have dropped off since then. The U is back now but FSU is struggling this year. Do the ‘Noles come to play on Saturday or will the Canes stomp their downtrodden rivals?
The SEC has some big match-ups this weekend that’ll do some separating in the conference standings as LSU/Florida, Auburn/Mississippi State and Missouri/South Carolina are big games for all involved. Winners stay alive in the race to challenge Alabama and Georgia for a spot in the SEC Championship.
These are the picks that nearly made the cut as premium but I’m giving them out as week 6 free college football picks:
1) UMass +15 against USF – There will be a lot of points in this one but USF’s inability to have a decisive win at Illinois earlier this season makes me leery of them on the road in this one. If I’m getting more than two touchdowns I’ll take that.
2) Minnesota +7 against Iowa – This is gonna be a close game so take the points with the Golden Gophers. I think this has upset potential so if you want to go after a big payday take Minny on the moneyline.
3) SMU/UCF OVER 74 – The Formulator predicts 80. UCF seems to be able to score at will and SMU hasn’t shown much on defense this season.
Sign up for SportsFormulator’s Weekly Football Email with Picks, Predictions and more!
Get ready for the Football Weekend