by Matt Fischer
Congratulations Cleveland! Is Baker Mayfield the savior the city needs post-LeBron? He’s off to a great start in leading the Browns to a much needed win.
NFL Week 3
The Chiefs are the best team to watch in the NFL this season. We’re just two weeks in but they are the most fun on Sundays.
It’s been a dysfunctional week in Pittsburgh with the Antonio Brown saga. They’re on Monday Night Football against the big play Bucs.
Let’s get to the NFL picks for this week:
1) Texans -6 – I think this is the week Houston breaks out looks like the playoff team I was expecting this season. The Giants play the second straight week in Texas and I think will lose by double digits.
2) Vikings -16.5 – I think this is a total domination by the Vikes but laying 16.5 in the NFL is just too much to be a top pick.
3) Chiefs/49ers OVER 55 – KC is piling up the points. If you can protect your QB, he can pick apart the Chiefs’ secondary. Jimmy G will have a big game but Patrick Mahomes makes his first home start at Arrowhead and will throw for 400+.
4) Bengals +3 – My gut tells me the Bengals win this game on the road. They’ve had 10 days off while Carolina comes off a tough road loss in Atlanta.
Take a look at our data driven week 3 NFL predictions. Buy my week 3 guaranteed NFL picks in the Pick Shop now.
College Football Week 4
I see Saturday’s college football as Upset Saturday. The Formulator predicts several close games and this Saturday sets up that some big names could fall.
Several teams are coming off a big game last week and go on the road this week. Upsets will happen in Power 5 and Group of 5 conferences. Should be a great day of college football!
Premium ATS picks last week were 2-1 in college football…should have been 3-0 but ½ point loss get us out of perfection.
These are the picks that nearly made the cut as premium but I’m giving them out as week 4 free college football picks:
1) Ohio State -37 against Tulane – I think the Buckeyes will be fired up for the return of Urban Meyer and put 60+ on the board.
2) SMU +6.5 against Navy – The Formulator has SMU winning outright by 1. I’ll take the points here.