by Matt Fischer
It’s Friday! That means football, free picks and more from Formulator.
Sign up for SportsFormulator’s Weekly Football Email with Picks, Predictions and more!
NFL Week 4
Bad news first. Survivor Picks have been a nightmare this season. The worst start to the season of my life by far. 0-3 backed by Buffalo pulling an epic upset last Sunday in Minnesota. That’s why they play the game.
Good news, NFL predictions are killing it! 11-5 picking winners last week and 11-4-1 (73%) beating the spread! 29-17-2 SU (63%) and 27-16-5 (63%) ATS this season!
Let’s get to the free NFL picks for week 5:
1) Chiefs -4.5 at Broncos (Monday Night Football) – The Chiefs have jumped on teams early and put them away. Andy Reid dominates the AFC West. The Broncos offense is just not going to be able to keep up against the high powered Chiefs.
2) The Raiders -2.5 against the Browns – Cleveland is riding off of their win with Baker Mayfield at QB. I’ll take the home team here to keep the Browns from a winning streak.
3) Bills +9.5 at Packers – Should the Packers be favorited by nearly double digits against anyone? Take the points here with the Bills.
Take a look at our data driven week 4 NFL predictions. Buy my week 4 guaranteed NFL pick in the Pick Shop now.
College Football Week 5
College Football has been lacking in a lot of good matchups early in the season. This week is no different. Really only a couple of games that will impact the playoff race as Big Ten foes Penn State and Ohio State duel and Notre Dame hosts Stanford.
The winner of Penn State vs. Ohio State is the favorite to win the Big Ten while Notre Dame and the Pac-12 in general both need this win if they want to be considered for the College Football Playoff. The conference needs big wins to show the committee they deserve one of the four spots.
Alabama and Georgia are the two clear best teams in college football right now. I think they’ll play for the SEC Championship and turnaround a month later
These are the picks that nearly made the cut as premium but I’m giving them out as week 5 free college football picks (both picks cashed last week!):
1) Army +7.5 at Buffalo –This is a toss-up game so getting over a TD is a no brainer. Take Army.
2) Florida Atlantic -3 at Middle Tennessee – The Owls are the best team in C-USA. With a 3 point spread, you’re basically just betting on who wins the game. I’ll take Lane Kiffin’s crew to win it on the road.
3) Northwestern +14.5 against Michigan – Northwestern has had two weeks to prepare and is coming off a loss to Akron. Pat Fitzgerald will have his team focused and ready to hang with the Wolverines.
Get ready for the Football Weekend