by Matt Fischer
Cruised through week 1 with our NFL Survivor Pool pick of the Buffalo Bills! It’s time to pick our week 2 NFL survivor and keep it moving!
Sign up for Free NFL picks, predictions and more by email or text from SportsFormulator
NFL Survivor Pool Pick Strategy
There are simple steps to cut down your potential picks for your NFL survivor pool. Follow the strategy below to make your week 2 NFL Survivor Pool pick or eliminator pool.
Confidence Pool Picks
My week 2 confidence pool picks. These are based on most confident (16) to least confident (1)
- 16 – Arizona Cardinals (against Washington Football Team) – I think Arizona is going to get better week by week as the Murray to Hopkins connection strengthens.
- 15 – Kansas City Chiefs (at Los Angeles Chargers) – Andy Reid has just dominated the AFC West since becoming the Chiefs coach. The Chargers offense has no chance of keeping up with the Chiefs on Sunday.
- 14 – Green Bay Packers (against Detroit Lions) – The Lions collapse last week at home against the Bears should have a hangover effect this Sunday in Green Bay.
- 13 – Tennesse Titans (against Jacksonville Jaguars) – Tennessee is on a short week having won in Denver on Monday night but I look for them to pressure Gardner Minshew and pound Derrick Henry at the Jags for four quarters.
- 12 – Dallas Cowboys (against Atlanta Falcons) – The Falcons again look to be off to a slow start. Dallas has had to deal with the doubters after a week 1 loss to the Rams. Dak and Co. get in a shootout this week but pull it out in Big D.
- 11 – Baltimore Ravens (at Houston Texans) – Baltimore might have been the most impressive team in week 1. Houston showed they miss DeAndre Hopkins. The Texans can’t try to get in a shootout. Can their defense step up and pressure Lamar Jackson into turnovers?
- 10 – Pittsburgh Steelers (against Denver Broncos) – The Steelers defense should dominate this game. Big Ben puts up big numbers in his 2020 home debut.
- 9 – Tampa Bay Bucs (against Carolina Panthers) – TB 12’s debut in Tompa Bay. Carolina will score but I look for Brady to put up points.
- 8 – Buffalo Bills (at Miami Dolphins) – Buffalo looked really good in their season opener while the Dolphins struggled in New England. I think things start to level out some this week. I think this one is close but the Bills edge them out.
- 7 – San Francisco 49ers (at New York Jets) – The Niners lost at home so it’ll be a long flight across the country this week. That should serve as extra motivation for them to want to dominate the lowly Jets.
- 6 – New Orleans Saints (at Las Vegas Raiders) – I think the Saints are the much better team but the Raiders are playing their first game in Las Vegas and even without a crowd might have them play better.
- 5 – Chicago Bears (against New York Giants) – Mitch Trubisky and the Bears’ offense spent tree quarters struggling and then exploded in the fourth. Can they keep it going this week? I’m just going with the Bears because the Giants are traveling on a short week
- 4 – Cleveland Browns (against Cincinnati Bengals) – Joe Burrow looked good in his debut while the Browns were totally out of sync. Cleveland is more talented and being at home on a short week against a rookie QB should get them a W…should.
- 3 – Los Angeles Rams (at Philadelphia Eagles) – The Eagles line was atrocious against Washington. Aaron Donald could have a huge day on Sunday.
- 2 – Seattle Seahawks (against New England Patriots) – This is a great matchup. I think New England will come in with a run heavy attack and slow the game down in Seattle. Russell Wilson just seems to find a way to pull close games out and I expect that again on Sunday night.
- 1 – Minnesota Vikings (at Indianapolis Colts) – Who knows with these two teams! The Colts were outplayed in Jacksonville. Minnesota just never could catch up to the Packers after Green Bay got going early. Both know they’ve got to win if they’re going to be playoff contenders.
Week 2 NFL Survivor Pool Pick: Arizona Cardinals
More NFL Info:
Get our weekly NFL Survivor Pool Picks all season.