by Matt Fischer
Easy week of surviving as last week’s NFL Survivor Pool Pick, the Arizona Cardinals doubled up the Washington Football Team 30-15!
Sign up for Free NFL picks, predictions and more by email or text from SportsFormulator
NFL Survivor Pool Pick Strategy
There are simple steps to cut down your potential picks for your NFL survivor pool. Follow the strategy below to make your week 3 NFL Survivor Pool pick or eliminator pool.
Confidence Pool Picks
My week 3 confidence pool picks. These are based on most confident (16) to least confident (1).
- 16 – Pittsburgh Steelers (vs. Houston Texans) – Houston is banged up and you need to be 100% to go against that Steelers’ defense. I’ll take the Steelers as my lock of the week.
- 15 – Indianapolis Colts (vs. New York Jets) – Not ready to trust the Colts yet as my must win game. They should roll the lowly Jets.
- 14 – Seattle Seahawks (vs. Dallas Cowboys) – Dallas stole a win last week against the Falcons while Russell Wilson was tossing TD’s in an impressive performance against the Patriots. I think Wilson picks apart Dallas and they win by double digits.
- 13 – San Francisco 49ers (at New York Giants) – This would be my top play if not for the 49ers having to travel across the country again for this game and complaining about the turf last Sunday. Is it in their head? I doubt it but I have a slight doubt that keeps this from being 16.
- 12 – Arizona Cardinals (against Detroit Lions) – Detroit has to come in focused right? Their coach’s job is on the line, an 0-3 start is a tough hole to dig out of for a team that was hoping to make a playoff run this year. Hopefully the Cardinals aren’t overlooking them.
- 11 – New England Patriots (vs. Las Vegas Raiders) – The Raiders are on a short week but with the travel after a Sunday Night Football game back across the country should have things equalled out between these two. I just don’t think the Raiders’ defense can handle Cam Newton.
- 10 – Atlanta Falcons (vs. Chicago Bears) – Atlanta has to be disappointed in how they blew the game in Dallas last week. I think being at home, they light up the Bears and make Mitch Trubisky play from behind all Sunday.
- 9 – Tennessee Titans (at Minnesota Vikings) – For the Vikings, it’s time to save your season. Tennessee is playing well but should get a motivated Vikings team trying to turn things around at home.
- 8 – Tampa Bay Bucs (at Denver Broncos) – Brady will continue to improve week by week with his new team. Looks like he’ll have Chris Godwin back this week and that’ll be too much for the Broncos.
- 7 – Los Angeles Chargers (against Carolina Panthers) – Justin Herbert was very impressive in his surprise debut last Sunday against the Chiefs. (Get well Tyrod Taylor). Carolina is going to get better week to week but I like the Chargers to win by a field goal this week.
- 6 – Green Bay Packers (at New Orleans Saints) – All week it’s been talk of a declining Drew Brees. I think you could get a big performance out of him but I don’t think it’ll be enough to slow the Packers juggernaut.
- 5 – Baltimore Ravens (vs. Kansas City Chiefs) – The biggest game of the season to date and might be for the entire season. The Super Bowl Champs face the 2019 #1 seed from the AFC on the road. It kills me to say this as a Chiefs fan but I like Baltimore’s chances. KC was in LA playing OT last Sunday and now goes to the other side of the country.
- 4 – Cleveland Browns (vs. Washington Football Team) – The Browns haven’t inspired much confidence in their first two games. I look for Washington to hang around but the Browns have far more playmakers and should pull out a win.
- 3 – Buffalo Bills (against Los Angeles Rams) – Josh Allen gets a tough test against Aaron Donald and crew. I think this is a close one but the Bills pull it out at home.
- 2 – Jacksonville Jaguars (vs. Miami Dolphins) – I don’t trust teams on Thursday Night Football. You never know what you’re going to get on these short weeks especially from road teams. I’ll join in the Minshew Mania but now with much confidence.
- 1 – Philadelphia Eagles (vs. Cincinnati Bengals) – I have no faith in a banged up Eagles team right now. Wouldn’t shock me if Joe Burrow stole a win on the road this Sunday.
Week 3 NFL Survivor Pool Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers
More NFL Info:
Get our weekly NFL Survivor Pool Picks all season.