by Matt Fischer
Survived 5 weeks of the NFL. This week isn’t giving us a lot of options but we’re learning one thing this season…fading the Jets is a great idea.
Sign up for Free NFL picks, predictions and more by email or text from SportsFormulator
NFL Survivor Pool Pick Strategy
There are simple steps to cut down your potential picks for your NFL survivor pool. Follow the strategy below to make your week 6 NFL Survivor Pool pick or eliminator pool.
Confidence Pool Picks
My week 6 confidence pool picks are based on most confident (14) to least confident (1).
- 14 – Miami Dolphins (against New York Jets) – This is simply a fade the Jets play. Until they make a coaching change, this seems like a smart survivor pick and since I haven’t used the Dolphins this week I’ll ride some Fitzmagic into week 7.
- 13 – Tennessee Titans (against Houston Texans) – The Texans are trying to figure things out under a new coach now and the only thing that kept me from picking the undefeated Titans this week is they last played on Tuesday night.
- 12 – Baltimore Ravens (at Philadelphia Eagles) – The Eagles offense better get it together because Lamar Jackson and crew are going to run up and down the field. Can Carson keep up? I doubt it.
- 11 – Los Angeles Rams (at San Francisco 49ers) – The Rams are better than I thought they’d be this season and the 49ers are in a spiral toward last place in the division.
- 10 – Kansas City Chiefs (at Buffalo Bills) – Huge Monday afternoon game in the AFC. The Chiefs are coming off of a loss so I expect a focused effort especially with people talking the Bills up as AFC contenders.
- 9 – Green Bay Packers (at Tampa Bay Bucs) – Aaron Rodgers at Tompa Bay. Can Tom Brady get his first big win as Bucs QB? I don’t think the Bucs are at the Packers level yet.
- 8 – Arizona Cardinals (at Dallas Cowboys) – This is a must win for the Cardinals. They’re in a tough NFC West and this is a game they’ve got to have to make the playoffs. I don’t think there will be a huge drop off at QB with Dak Prescott injured and Andy Dalton.
- 7 – Indianapolis Colts (against Cincinnati Bengals) – Is Phillip Rivers washed up? I’m leaning that direction more each week. The Colts defense will win them this one.
- 6 – Pittsburgh Steelers (against Cleveland Browns) – I think this one is going to the wire. Cleveland is good but so are the Steelers. With a rivalry game and the first meeting since the Myles Garrett helmet smash of last season, I expect it to be spirited.
- 5 – Minnesota Vikings (against Atlanta Falcons) – This one would be higher but I’ve got a feeling after the Falcons cleaned house this week, we could see a big effort from them to get a win.
- 4 – Carolina Panthers (against Chicago Bears) – I just like this Panthers team. I think Matt Rhule is a great coach and Teddy Bridgewater is steady at QB. The Bears have been too shaky with their QB play and aren’t as good as their record reflects.
- 3 – New York Giants (against Washington Football Team) – The Giants are hungry for a win and I think will get it this week. I don’t trust either of these teams but I think Joe Judge is going to get his first win as a NFL head coach this weekend.
- 2 – New England Patriots (against Denver Broncos) – The QB situation is in flux with the Pats due to Cam Newton’s positive COVID-19 test so I’m not confident in this one unless he’s going to play which we probably won’t know until Monday.
- 1 – Jaguars (against Detroit Lions) – This is a toss up game. The Jags have been good at home and you never know what the Lions are going to do on any given Sunday.
Week 6 NFL Survivor Pool Pick: Miami Dolphins
More NFL Info:
Get our weekly NFL Survivor Pool Picks all season.