2018 Big 12 Preview
This league could go many different ways. Nobody stands out as a vastly superior team like Oklahoma did last season. They’re going to beat each other up all season and that could keep the Big XII out of the playoff.
- The Big 12 just edged out the Big Ten as our 4th strongest conference in our 2018 preseason power rankings.
- 8 teams will go to a bowl game
- Texas is the highest ranked team at #5 in our preseason power rankings while Kansas is the lowest at #114.
- The league is so competitive, nobody will make it through the Big 12 unscathed.
What to Watch in 2018
- How will Oklahoma do without Baker Mayfield? Mayfield was a great leader and inspired the Sooners week after week. Who will step up and lead them this season?
- Tom Herman’s Longhorns had a strong bowl performance and after losing a few close games last season are poised to take a leap forward this season. They have the schedule to get back in the national conversation.
- Will Grier will lead a dynamic offensive for West Virginia. Can the Mountaineers D help them out and make them contenders? Look for a big year in Morgantown.
- Will Matt Rhule get things turned around at Baylor? His first year in Waco was challenging. They should take strides forward this season but miss a bowl.
- Can Kansas win a conference game? Things are bad in Lawrence. The schedule is favorable for getting a W this year either.
Sign up now for our weekly Formulator Football Newsletter!
2018 Big 12 Predictions
|RANK||BIG XII||W||L||CONF W||CONF L|
|25||TCU Horned Frogs||8||4||6||3|
|17||West Virginia Mountaineers||9||3||6||3|
|52||Iowa State Cyclones||7||5||5||4|
|43||Oklahoma State Cowboys||8||4||5||4|
|61||Kansas State Wildcats||6||6||4||5|
|72||Texas Tech Red Raiders||6||6||3||6|
2018 Big 12 Championship Game
The Texas Longhorns will beat the West Virginia Mountaineers for the Big 12 Championship. Will it be enough for the Longhorns to make the playoff?